Monday, January 24, 2011

design inspiration.

Trying to identify myself as a designer is probably one of the most complicated things to do. Probably because I don't know how to answer it this particular task. I guess you could say I'm still in the process of "finding myself" so perhaps along the way I can will also find what defines me a designer. However I know what kind of things I like, and the following are variety of things that spark my imagination when designing.

Nature: I would not call myself an outdoor person, but I am in love with nature and it tends to show through my work. Almost everything I design includes something related to nature whether it be a tree branch, flower petals, or some kind of animal. 



Pattern: I would definitely say that pattern is my second biggest inspiration. I tend to like simplicity and organization, but I love the effect that a pattern can add to a design.




Vintage: I really like pretty much anything vintage, but I particularly like looking at vintage plate designs and fashion. 



Architecture: I think architecture provides one of the greatest inspirations. It can be so different and each style provides a different view on what a building can be.



Culture: There are so many cultures in our world today and each one has something to contribute. 




Eco-friendly



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Art in numerous styles. Mucha took a lot of influence from Byzantium art and mosaics, so your impressions are pretty astute.

    ReplyDelete