Tuesday, May 10, 2011

AL Relief Poster

After studying Lester Beall's posters for the Rural Electrification Administration, I tried to apply similar elements into my own poster advocating relief efforts in Alabama. The obvious similarity is the limited color palette-- red, white, and blue plus one black and white photograph. Many of Beall's works stuck with this color palette. Red, white, and blue are America's traditional colors and often evoke a sense of pride and unity whenever seen together. In my poster I tried to combine the use of these colors, elements of the American flag (white stars and red/white strips),and the Alabama "A" (to steer attention to the state of Alabama specifically) with the phrase "All for one, one for all" to evoke similar feelings. The phrase is particularly important and wraps up the whole image together. I wanted to show that  we are all part of one nation, and as individuals of that nation it's our responsibility to help those in need.


I posted it here!

No comments:

Post a Comment